How I got my stolen mobile back


It was on 10th July 2011.Somebody stole my Micromax X 510 phone when I was entering in the bus number 399 at the Gandhi nagar bus stop, Kanjurmarg. I was returning back to my flat after watching "Delli Belli" in Huma adlabs with my brothers. While entering the bus, I was listening to the song using a headphone which was connected to my cell phone. I realized all of a sudden that the song stopped and when I checked my pocket, the phone was not there. My phone was ringing for some 10 minutes which indicated that the pick pocketer was inside the bus only. I still couldn't nab this guy as I had no option to identify him and pointing to a wrong person will only create more problems. Things aside, a drunkard traveling in the bus created a lot of ruckus with this matter when I raised an alarm.
...
...
...
It happens rarely.
Now see this piece of news.
...
I got my phone back on 1st August 2011 after visiting the parksite police station a multiple number of times. Thanks to the mobile tracking softwares that are installed in the phones nowadays and thanks to my dearest friend Mrudula, who always sent me the contact number of the person who was using my stolen phone. Mr Salunkhe, a senior police inspector in the parksite police station helped me in retrieving my phone. He told me that the person who stole my phone is only using it and haven't sold it to anyone and also, he is invloved in a robbery case worth 8 Lac of Rupee from Ghatkopar, Mumbai.
...
...
Its a reminder for all of us that If we are using a smartphone, we should always keep the mobile tracker activated. The feature can be explored in the "Settings" of the phone. I regret that I didn't activate the mobile tracker with my earlier phone, the samsung corby that I lost while getting down from the same bus -399. (on 22nd June 2011). Also keep on taking followups regarding your complaints with the police officers in Mumbai. They have a very efficient cyber cell through and local intelligence group through which they nab the culprits.

For me, it is also a reminder that you get your things back if it comes from your hard earned money.

Dilkash

Comments